- Showcase will show thumbnails of all open tabs of any window (or, optionally, only of the invoking window).
- Thumbnails are resized and distributed on the Showcase window in the best way possible.
- Showcase can be placed in it's own window, a tab inside a browser, or as a sidebar. It adds 6 new buttons that may be added to any toolbar.
- Find bar (can be toggled with CTRL+F), to filter thumbnails and find the ones you're looking for. From the 0.9.1 version, just start typing in Showcase, and the find bar will be opened automatically.
- Multiple selection of thumbnails, so different actions can be applied on them (like bookmark, reload, merge...).
- "Drag & drop" support. Allows tab reordering, moving or copying tabs among windows, or even drag files and URLs that will be opened in new tabs.
- Enhanced the Firefox 2 tab bar. The "List all tabs" button will open a Showcase instance. Other changes can be found in the Changelog.
- Browsers that are opened or closed will be dynamically added and removed from the thumbnail list, and thumbnails will be updated if the browser they represent loads a new page.
- Labels are placed on each thumbnail indicating each browser current page title and icon. Loading icon will be shown when content is being loaded.
- Contextual menu for thumbnails that contains the most common operations for the browsers (like bookmarking, printing, navigation controls...). Completely configurable.
- There's an option to disable contextual menu for thumbnails, so it's possible to assign an action for it.
- Lots of configuration options, allowing a lot of different possibilities. Plus, it has the ability to import and export the Showcase settings to a text file.
- Middle click can be used to zoom on a thumbnail (although other functions can be assigned to it using the extension configuration panel).
- Thumbnail will increase size when the mouse is over. Values over 100% are supported since 0.5.8 version.
- Keyboard support. Cursors to navigate through the different thumbnails, space for zoom, enter to select and delete to close. F11 will toggle full screen mode, and Esc will close Showcase.
- IE Tab support. Right now it's not possible to show a thumbnail of a IE Tab, but it will place a special icon, and will also show the correct URL.
- Tabs that just contain an image will be handled in a special way, so you'll be able to see the full image.
- When thumbnails become too small, a scrollbar will appear.
- A comprehensive list of features and changes can be found in the Changelog.
Features listed here will be implemented (probably) at some point.
- Firefox 3 compatibility.
- Thumbnail ordering.
- Context menu for Showcase empty area.
- Better settings menu structure, including options that now can only be enabled through "about:config" panel.